When I saw this cute plate and the sweet message on it, I couldn't pass it up. It is a dessert sized plate that would be perfect for a morning muffin, a few sliced veggies for a snack or possibly an indulgent dessert like the mudd pie favorite of my husband's family I am sharing below. I know there are many versions of mudd pie and similar desserts but this is the one that makes an appearance at many of our birthday parties in lieu of cake.
Not too long ago I switched it up and used instant lemon pudding instead and have to say I enjoyed it more than the chocolate.
I also think the plate would be cute just sitting on your counter or in a small plate stand. You can even add a plate hanger and add it to a wall.
The wooden spoon is a creation of talented Mr. Husband. He is a great wood worker and his wooden spoons are also family favorites to use for stirring oh so many recipes or added to a counter top crock or holder of kitchen utensils. Pretty and functional.
For an entry in today's* give-away just comment here or on the blog Facebook page and let me know what your favorite dessert is. Unfortunately Mudd Pie is not on my current eating plan but that doesn't mean I won't indulge sometime in the future : )
* NOTE: Wednesday give-away now closed.
A two-toned chocolate cream cheese dessert.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped or blended walnuts
- 1 package cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 2 packages (3 ounce each) INSTANT chocolate pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I have always used 2%)
- 1 small container Cool Whip
- Chocolate shavings, a sprinkle of finely chopped walnuts or toasted coconut
- Mix first the flour, butter and walnuts and press into the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (you will have to check on it as want it just golden like a pie crust). Let cool.
- Use mixer to blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add the Cool Whip and spread on the bottom of the cooled crust.
- Mix the chocolate puddings packets and milk. Spread this on the first layer. Top with the small container of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or finely chopped walnuts or toasted coconut if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- A graham cracker crust is a nice alternative for those with nut allergies.